Thank you for your interest in the University of Rochester. The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Our 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 10,500 students—approximately half of whom are women.The mission statement at the University of Rochester is: Learn, Discover, Heal, Create—and Make the World Ever Better.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 10:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.ounded as “an institution of the highest order” and guided by the motto Meliora or Ever Better, the University of Rochester will help solve the greatest challenges of the 21st century by:
- Accelerating our progress as an international leader in sciences, engineering, social sciences, health science, business, and music.
- Empowering our students to fulfill their academic and professional passions in a University that is diverse, welcoming, and inclusive for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Creating innovative connections among education, humanities, music, the social sciences, science, engineering, and health science.
- Strengthening support for a dynamic faculty dedicated to teaching, mentoring, research, clinical care, and the creative and performing arts.
- Serving our community of alumni and friends through imaginative programs that enrich their lifelong relationship with the University and that expand our collective contributions to the world.
- Embracing our leadership position in Rochester and the nation by making our community a model for partnership among academic, civic, cultural, health care, and business organizations.
Arrival: August 19, 2019
Orientation: August 21 - 28, 2019
Fall classes begin: August 28, 2019
Fall classes end: December 11, 2019
Final Examinations: December 15 - December 20, 2019
Spring classes begin: January 15, 2020
Spring classes end: April 29, 2020
Final Examinations: May 4 - May 11, 2020
Incoming Exchange Coordinator: